Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Fantasy Focus: Third Base Bargains

Third base is a deep position for fantasy baseball managers, deep enough that you might want to roster more than one and use one as a IF or UT player.  There 3B who you would want to draft early or spend big on no matter what position they played.  Nolan Arenado, Jose Ramirez, Kris Bryant and Anthony Rendon are names that come to mind.  Don't forget about Joey Gallo and his 41 dingers that came with a .208 BA.  If you are in an OBP league, Gallo suddenly becomes an elite hitter.

One guy who does not get a lot of attention but has been remarkably consistent over his career is Kyle Seager.  He's hit 25-30 HR's for 4 consecutive seasons now.  He's not a breakout player or sleeper but may be a bargain must because of his consistency.  I'd target him if you want to spend your high draft picks or your auction money on other positions or if you are looking for a nice player to roster as an IF or UT player.

2 comments:

  1. I drafted Arenado as my 3rd baseman in fantasy and later picked up a rookie red sox 3rd baseman Rafeal Devers, who got off to a sizzling start, I played him as a UT. The kid looks like a keeper.

    Duane Kuiper said on knbr that the Giants might still be looking to fill their CF and RF positions as late as March 1st, because of the collective bargaining agreement. If so, it will test my patience. The slow off season can't be good for MLB.

    LG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did too. I finished the season with both Arenado and Devers on my fantasy team. Arenado will be one of my 2 offensive keepers and I will be looking to re-draft Devers.

      Delete